Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Visit all 194 Countries

A few months ago the UN declared South Sudan a sovereign nation, and with that I am yet another country away to reaching my goal of: visiting all 194 countries. I realize this goal is more of for show in tell, but I really want to travel the world. From a young age it has always excited me.

Today, as we were eating frozen yogurt, my mom was recalling our visit to Paris twelve years ago. She said that I loved to talk to people, anyone. She said I would walk up to random people in the street, say "bonjour" open up my phrase book in order to begin a full fledged conversation with them. She is right, I love people. I love talking to people. I love learning about people. And thus, I want to see people from all 194 countries (obviously there are many people that should have countries, but do not, though that's another issue entirely). Anyway, I would like to mention that my mother lost my favorite French phrase book on the top of the Eiffel tower twelve years ago. Part of me has never forgiven her, if you find it I will be forever grateful.

As far as the countries I have been to, I have been to twenty-three. I know it's twenty-three but I'm sure i have left some out:

Countries Traveled

  1. United States
  2. The Bahamas
  3. Virgin Islands
  4. England
  5. France
  6. Mexico
  7. Spain
  8. Italy
  9. The Netherlands
  10. Greece
  11. Germany
  12. Ireland
  13. China
  14. Japan
  15. Israel
  16. Jamaica
  17. Panama
  18. Costa Rica
  19. Nicaragua
  20. Guatemala
  21. Taiwan
  22. Vietnam

P.S. I know there are more, and not all of these are in the 194. I'll add more when I think of them! Oh, and do the Palestinian Territories count?!

No comments:

Post a Comment