Saturday, August 17, 2013

DIY Wooden Square Block Craft - Delta Gamma

I have always been a crafty person. And with such gifts, comes a lot of responsibility. Such as... crafting for others... For me at least, crafting for others is an enjoyable activity. I just finished a project for my cousin who is in Delta Gamma. The Anchor is DG's symbol and stands for Hope.

This is a great project to do with sorority letters, or with a monogram! Or just use your initials and a symbol in the middle. Like a cross, a heart. Anything!
 
 

First you're going to need three pieces of wood. Put down a base coat and keep painting on all sides until you get your desired colors. I love pink and I had originally painted these pink; however, I ran out and went with a salmon-pink instead that i already had three bottles of... I love how it came out! Pink, Bronze, and Blue are DG's colors so this worked out great! I didn't need any materials except for the wooden squares. You can scavenger up pretty much anything for this project. You can add beads, ribbons, tissue paper flowers... Anyway...

The anchor was the hardest. But I just looked at a picture online and kept at it until I got it right. If you want you can get a stencil but stencils always seems more difficult than free hand.


After writing the D and G I outlined in blue and then added glitter!

Then I put three gems in four of the corners. And two on the anchor.


And there you have it. A perfect, easy, and interchangeable gift! Or make one for yourself! As a sorority girl myself, I have plenty of crafts. My entire wall and two shelves hold my crafts. And then the rest of my apartment holds the rest...

Anyway, stock up on wooden squares before the holidays and make some for your own cousins!

No comments:

Post a Comment